need help

chiroman

Gene -

Are the mids just lacking a bit or have the drivers been damaged?

You can adjust the output of the mid driver by making a change with one of the taps on the autoformer in your crossover. I can't remember the settings, but I'm sure an LS owner here can help out. Unless you just have the urge to get something new. 9.gif

Marvel

The midrange horn has a driver. The driver would be a K55, and has a small diaphragm and magnet/coil assembly that converts the electrical signal to a mechanical on. Just think of it as a small speaker. If there is no sound at all coming out of the horn, the diaphragm may be damaged (fairly inexpensive). Or there could be a loose or corroded connection on the crossover.

An easy thing for you to do is to look in the back of the cabinets, where you connect the wires from your amp. There are other connection on screw terminals. Loosen them and re-tighten and see if that makes a difference. Don't do it while it's powered up.

If you get sound out but it is just low, it could be damage or you could change a setting to send a little more signal to the mids. The affect is like boosting the mids with eq.

How's your hearing btw? Is it just your system or is the midrange a little low on everything? Do you listen to loud music or over long periods? How about your work environment?

Just thought I would ask.

If it is a change in your system, it can always be brought back to life!

I'm sprised no one else has chimed in yet. Guess they're all having fun on a Saturday night.

Marvel