Passion of the Christ

cluless

----------------

On 11/19/2004 2:01:31 PM oscarsear wrote:

Regarding the Passion it's at least honest about it's message,content and purpose. In the movie Saving Private Ryan director Speilberg inserted the scene wherein a smallish Jewish soldier is slowly and painfully stabbed to death by a big and merciless German soldier while nearby a sniveling American soldier is depicted as too cowardly to intervene.

----------------

I don't know if you noticed, but the guy you called the 'Jewish soldier' was an American. It's this kind of subdivision within a nation that turns to oppression and genocide. This soldier was clearly an American first, and a Jew second... he WAS fighting on the American side after all. If that's not reason enough to call him an American, then I don't know what is.

----------------

The analogy is obvious and wholly unecessary to the story line. Covert messages are much worse than are overt ones.

----------------

Well since I am stupid you'll have to explain to me what the covert message in that scene was and how it was unnecessary. And while you're at it, I'd be interested to hear how you came upon this deduction.

----------------

Regarding the Passion it's at least honest about it's message,content and purpose.

----------------

Really? Why don't you tell me what it's purpose and message are! It's certainly honest about its contents -> being a snuff film. But I really want to hear what you think the message was.

----------------

Having grown up in West L.A. I've known several actors and their families, which is why I watch the Discovery Channel.
16.gif

----------------

I hate to burst your bubble, but not only is the Discovery Channel biased to high hell, it's also often highly inaccurate with regards to the 'factual' information provided in its programming, both historically and scientifically.

There was a discovery channel special that dedicated about 45 minutes to research being done at the lab I was working in. I've never seen a more glaring example of journalistic spin, carelessness, and just plain lack of even the most remote desire (or care) to understand (and report) the purpose of the research being done, much rather the results. After watching it I wasn't even sure what they thought we were doign. With this in mind, I have NEVER tuned to Discovery Channel again.

Well the difference is that some people choose based on facts, and their own analysis of the situation, while others don't. I guess that's clear too, considering the sheer amount of factual information and logical arguments in your response. (yes... i was being sarcastic)

• 3 weeks later...

The most disdurbing picture ive ever seen. I was coming home from school. On the news stand on the front page was a photo of a mushroom cloud... The first atomic bomb dropped in Japan. I thought as a kid it took out the whole island. Today that could be a reality. Other pictures That still haunt me. The news paper photo of the big black open door of an oven with the remains of a body in a German prizon of war camp. So dont be squemish about the flogging scene in the Passion of Christ. Ive seen alot worst.