Help with Denon 3805 setup

JackH

Hi all,

I need help with the on screen display on my Denon 3805. The input connections are DBS on component 1, vcr on component 2 and dvd on component 3. The connection to the tv (samsung) is via the component monitor out.

When I try to enter setup mode the on screen display is only shown for a few seconds then the screen goes blank. Any ideas how to fix this?

2nd question.

My main speakers are RF-7's. The sub is a mirage BPS-400. Is it better to set the RF-7's to small or large?

Thanks

Jack

What are you setting your receiver to for on-screen menue?

(i.e. dvd, vcr, etc.) I don't know if the 3805 Denon is liek older

models but for on screen menue you used to have to use the

composite connection. In term of small or large setting either

one is fine. It's your preference.

JackH,..

Dig a little deeper in the set up menu's and you will find you can run the 7's large, small, or if you set them to large, you can then in the subwoofer menu, set the sub to, sub + main, so the mains will get low end frequencies too,...cross them over at 80, and you should be set either way,..all depends on what sounds best to you.

>>>--->

The OSD works via component with my 2805, so I would guess that it also does with the 3805. I think the older models did not, but your 3805 should. Sorry, not sure what to suggest for your particular problem. I would check your set-up menu in the TV to make sure it is correct. I have Mits. "net command" and it requires a lot of tweaking before you get it just right.

You may have the component cables mixed up this could cause the TV to go into video mute.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Also most VCRs do not have a component video output.

The older Denons would sense which video input (S video, composite, or component )was active and put the OSD on the same type output. If it had video on 2 of the video inputs say S video and composite at the same time it would default to S video output only.