Clean CD's

christjared

Christjared, it depends what kind of music you're listening to. Sure, Telarc, Chesky, or Living Stereo have some fantastic sounding material on hi-res, and I even bought a couple Diana Krall albums after the glowing reviews they received here, and while I can certainly appreciate her skill as a vocalist...it's not really my style. Maybe I'll pop it in to "show off" the system now and then, but if you're looking for nicely recorded stuff for your own listening pleasure, you have to buy music that YOU like (read: that you listen to on a regular basis).

I notice you're only 20, and I'm in no way, shape, or form being ageist to the other members here, but their tastes may dramatically differ from yours, for the simple fact that they grew up in a different generation. I mean Pink Floyd, The Who, Alman Brothers, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. etc. are all great, but I'm not sure that's your flavor. It most definitely wasn't mine. Just trying to bring a youthful audiophile opinion to your considerations. 1.gif

So for what it's worth, my recommendations for great sounding CD's would be anything by Coldplay, Radiohead, The Wallflowers, mid-to-late 90's albums from Death Row, Alicia Keys, Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, Keane, Tony Rich, Babyface, Staind, 3 Doors Down, Snow Patrol, Death Cab, and Linkin Park.

I know im only 20 but listening to quality music isnt just enjoyed by my elders. I have a selection of earlier generation music on my computer as well as what I listen to today. When I was young I use to take my dad's vinyl and listen to it. But yes something that would fit into my tastes would be awesome.

----------------

On 11/17/2004 3:57:38 PM christjared wrote:

What are good recording lables out there that will allow me see how my system really sounds?

----------------

almost anything from mobile fidelity sound labs, and as said before telarc also has some good stuff.

my favorite liner note, from the jacket of TIME WARP

(telarc cd-80106)

"Telarc digital compact discs, especially those containing substantially wide dynamic range, will present an extraordinary challange to all stereo systems. certain components

-even the finest-may have problems with the most demanding passages.DAMAGE COULD RESULT TO SPEAKERS OR OTHER COMPONENTS IF THE MUSICAL PROGRAM IS PLAYED BACK AT EXCESSIVLY HIGH VOLUME LEVELS.

-----------------------------------

WARNING!lower levels are recommemded for initial playback untill a safe level can be determined for your equipment.

--------------------------------------------------"

gotta love it

jay