wanted: Academy Center

lipinski

FYI... I recently bought a pair of Quartet's on Audiogone, to use one as a center with my Chorus II's. While I haven't heard an academy, this setup sounds pretty darn good to me.

P.S. The extra Quartet is for sale. $275 (exactly half the price paid for a pair) Finish is dark Oak. All drivers and passive are in excellent condition. Only flaw I see is a few small surface scratches on top. Can send pictures if any one is interested. However, this will have to wait till I get back from a camping trip... probably around Dec. 10. Send mail to BB Inbox if interested and I'll check there when I return.

Would also happily use the Quartet as partial trade for a pair of Forte II's in Dark Oak.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/1/2004 3:55:02 PM edwardre wrote:

Jeepers. I am almost embarassed to proclaim that I got my Academy, barely a month ago from ebay for $107. Where was Lippy then? It was the one with the 'damaged' woofer, but the damage was cosmetic in nature and cannot be seen with the grill in place, and without the grill is it almost invisible. In the process of selling the Heresy II the Academy replaced to a fellow member for the same price.

I'm the lucky recipient!

3.gif

Congratulations lipinski...

I am really glad you was able to snag the WO Academy...My wife and I have recently moved into my son's house until our new house is completed. We moved everything out and we loaded up 17 truck loads of boxes...My speakers are now in storage with my computer. I will be using mu sons computer for the next few weeks.

It will be the end of December at the earliest before I get my HT system put together and then I will get to see how all the speakers sound. I will keep my Khorns regardless of the sound with the other speakers and I will also keep my Academy for the center channel. If the Academy does not meet a sound match to my satisfaction with the Khorns and Cornwalls then I will get other Klipsch speakers that will better match the Academy. I will keep the Khorns as 2 channel speakers if I decide to modify my HT system. I have a long way to go but the foundation is set to put together a fine HT system.

16.gif6.gif

Thanks cob1708

I'm assembling my HT also. I've got an academy coming now to go with my ForteIIs. To start with I'll use my KG1.5s as surrounds. I'm seriously considering harmon kardon equipment for power and DVD/CD player. I had a receiver years ago that I was always happy with. I'm researching subwoofers but just getting started. I'm trying to take my time. Maybe by Christmas I'll have a HT to enjoy. We'll see. This is leaving my Nak with speakers to drive for awhile, but hey, one thing at a time. I think more of my family will enjoy the HT more than my two channel ability that I have now. I can get more speakers for my living room later.

• 3 weeks later...

Early Christmas for sure.

My HT is about there. In the last 3 days I received my new Academy Center, HK AVR 7000, HK DVD31 and an SVS 20-39 PC Plus. I spent two straight days watching movies and listening to Christmas music with my kids. It's quite an experience after years of two channel. Have any of ya'll ever experience the bass while watching "Ice Age" a kids movie. WOW.

Anyway, I want to thank all of you on this forum who have chimed in on advice. I truly believe that I've got one hell of a system and the Academy and the subwoofer are part of it primarily because of the advise on this forum. I appreciate all of your input.

Happy Holidays to all of you and yours,

Have any of ya'll ever experience the bass while watching "Ice Age" a kids movie. WOW.

Watch Darla tapping the aquarium in chapter 25 of "Finding Memo". 3.gif

Scooby Doo II also has a lot of LFE content.

Being a kid's movie doesn't mean it has no bass! 2.gif

Yeah Peter, Finding Nemo was part of the entertainment saturday.

Have you seen the THX start that where the little squirrel is trying to hide his nut and it winds up putting a big crack in the glacier? Eventually the cracked glacier falls on the squirrel. Hole scene provides bass. Seems to be the THX presentation for the kids movies.