Placement for Forte I

Harry

I always wanted a pairs of Forte, finally I was able to get it form E-bay recenly ( one that willing to ship over sea) at a aim and a leg price US1000.00 (what to do, the items been on my wish list for the last 18 months).

I am going to use my modified Eico HF-81 to push the Forte any comment????

the question is I am useing the system in my office and do not have a lot room.

What is the nearest placement of the speakers???

any suggestion will be mush appriciated.

Thanks1.gif

I had a pair of Forte IIs in a bed room. The only wall I could put them on was 13' but there was a door to contend with and 8' apart was the best I could do. They sounded fantastic. I'm not familiar with the amp you have but it would take something awful to make Fortes sound bad. Congrats on the purchase and I hope you enjoy them.

The closer to the wall you place them the more they couple with the wall and produce more bass. I have literally had the walls shake with solid bass notes. Moving them into (or near corners does the same thing) I found that placing them on risers improved the sound stage, as for a floor standing speaker, they are a little short. However, placing them on risers, decouples them from the floor and reduces the bass response. You will need to move them around a bit to find out what works best for you. Congrats on the speakers, you will certainly enjoy them, they have awesome sound!9.gif

I have mine about two feet away from each wall, and about 5-6 feet apart. I find moving them away from the walls really focuses the imaging much better, especially vocals and percussion. Also my walls were different construction, one concrete+paneling and one just a faux wall of thin paneling, so the sound was really unbalanced when near the walls. I also have mine on 12" stands, but they can still shake the concrete floor.