KHorn pick-up

Brap

coytee said:

Mike: The watermark seemed to just evaporate out and now I dont see it. If and when these DO go into the basement, it will be on a tile floor over concrete. The walls are block walls w/poured concrete inside. (then Ill drywall the actual interior surface).

The downstairs room is something like 16 wide by roughly 24 I think. Been while since Ive measured. Nine foot ceilings.

---------------

Man that downstairs room sounds like it has some great potential for an audio room! I would love to have a space like that to work with.Ending up in the basement might be a great thing in the end! 2.gif

mike 1.gif

Boy -- those Horns look strangely familiar!!

Looks is one thing Richard, and I must say, they looked like they were kept in great condition!! (LOL) -- how do they sound compared what you heard in my basement with the 2A3 driving "warmth"?

Did you pick up the Eagles CD yet? Hotel California live ALWAYS made those beauties rock.

Enjoy, glad they are in a nice home and that mama is starting to get used to them.

BTW -- to all here -- rich is a great guy and very personable. Can't be too bad, loving Klipsch, drives a volvo and wears a Tag (inside joke)

ENJOY -- I fired up the Forte's last nite. They are sounding great!

• Like 1

Hey Brad, I meant to call you today but was inundated with having to catch-up from being gone to your place, and to Vegas prior to that.

They did arrive home unscathed, other than the moisture spot on one of them that has seemed to have disappeared. (the one nearest trailer door had the damp spotdarn that rain anyway)

Not picked up anything yet. Ive been hankering (dang, there I go againhankeringthats what got me into this in the beginning) lol

Anyway, Ive been hankering on going to the McIntosh dealer here that evidently is the tube store and try to find out more. I think its best to do baby steps with the wife on this.

I think I experienced some of that ssssing on my ss setup. I dont recall the name of the harsh ss but I heard some harshness on some stuff, not all.

Oh, and with the volume at idle, the hissing noise I spoke of? Using my old Yamaha CR2040 receiver (120x2) its darn near dead quiet. I in fact, put the throttle to 100% with no cd playing and it was still, dead quiet. Perhaps I have a nice/quiet amp? I know using my HT Yamaha 2080 (or what ever the proper number is) my Lascalas had a CLEAR hiss that doesnt seem there at all, when using the receiver. I heard it on some disks but then realized its probably on the disk itself.

Ty for the compliment, gracious of you.

Oh, and I had a setting on my camera messed up, caused a blue tint on every picture I took WITH a flash. I figured it out tonight.

Im also curious, what the CD was with Sinatra in the pub with the dishes clanking? I have told several people about that and how cool I thought it was.

Richard, Sorry about the water spot -- hopefully it will not return. Sounds (or in your case, not sounds!) like you have a nice quiet amp there -- GREAT!!

The CD was "Sinatra at the Sands, with Count Basie's Orchestra". This is definately one everyone should have for their collection. When all is set up, you will experience an excellent soundstage on may of the cuts.

Have fun listening and shopping for tube gear. Older McIntosh and Klipsch are a nice "old school" combination. Dynaco isn't a bad choice either.

Take care

• Like 1