Anyone have Khorn impedance chart

Colin

wow! Thanks AL, BTW your ALKs are on the top of my Xmas list, this year, this is not what I expected though, guess I was thinking of frequency vs impedance, but this is interesting, thanks, what good points and what bad points does it show for the Khorn, in simple English please (I am blonde)

;)

"...this is not what I expected though, guess I was thinking of frequency vs impedance..."

But that's exactly what they are.

Again, those are the graphs for a certain driver/network combination -- which may or may not correspond to what you have.

That is called a "Bode plot", or something like that. It is a far better way to show impedance becasue it shows you COMPLEX impedance. It indicates if the impedance is resistive, indutive or capacitive. A single line plot with frequency tells you simple impedance only. That is: sqrt(r*r + x*x). It combines resistance ® with reactance (x).

Al K.

yeah, linear, that's the ticket

The nominal, which means it is just a stupid meaningless number, impedance of the classic Klipsch corner Khorns is 8 ohms. From previous post; Khorn Impedance: I measured the impedance curve of my 1980 vintage K-horns. It varies quite a bit, but is basically between 5 and 8 ohms in the frequency range of 45 Hz to 300 Hz. The minimum is 4.9 ohms at 53 Hz. This is with all original drivers and the speaker in a corner. Below 45 Hz there is a resonance peak of 20.5 ohms at 36 Hz. Above 300 Hz, there is a gradual rise to 31 ohms at 2400 Hz and then a gradual fall to 8 ohms at 5 kHz. Above 5 kHz it's between 8 and 14 ohms.

3.gif