Happy Thanksgiving!

scotbuck

Greetings,

Well for those of us who live in the U.S., it's Thanksgiving day (a holiday that I believe was started by Abe Lincoln).

I've always found this day to be a good opportunity to take a step back from life's petty problems and reflect on just how lucky I am. Kinda gets my mind right...

In addition to family, friends, a steady income, a roof over my head, and regular meals (well, perhaps more than regular meals 2.gif), I'm thankful to have enough disposable income left over to pursue my passion in life which is music.

And of course, the speakers envisioned by the notable PWK, along with this great forum, have enhanced that pursuit.

So a happy Thanksgiving to all!

Take care,

Scott

Happy Thanksgiving.

It was George Washington, not Abe who made Thanksgiving a holiday.

George Washington proclaimed a National Day of Thanksgiving in 1789, although some were opposed to it. There was discord among the colonies, many feeling the hardships of a few Pilgrims did not warrant a national holiday. And later, President Thomas Jefferson scoffed at the idea of having a day of thanksgiving. Obviously, Washington prevailed.

Brief history lesson for the day.1.gif