chorus i vs. ii

tglahn17

Hi, all,

I've been looking for Chorus IIs for a while. I have a lead on a pair of Chorus Is in good condition. What are the differences between the Chorus I and II? I see that they're both 101 dB/W/m, but the Chorus II goes a little deeper in the bass. Here's my current system:

TNT VPI 3.5 turntable

JMW 12.5 tonearm

Dynavector Karat 17D2 cartridge

Dynavector P-75 phono stage

Marantz 3300 preamp

Bottlehead Parabees 300B SET amps

Monitor Audio Silver Studio 8i

I listen to all kinds of music, all on vinyl. I like a system that tends toward a lush sound. I've never heard the Chorus I or II. But I know I need way more sensitivity than the 90 dB/W/m I get from the Monitor Audios. Thanks,

Too bad no one answered you on this one. In our defense this subject has been covered before and the verdict is that its a toss-up.

Do a search thru the history of these posts and you will find Chorus vs. Chorus II threads. Well, I fouund at least one thread.

You know how I feel. If and when I decide to get Choruses I will buy the original Chorus . Thats the one without the passive.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler".

A. Einstein

I think you'll like either one. The differences aren't really day and night - as you say the II is a little lower in the bass. The other difference is the exponential (Chorus I) versus the tractrix horn. I think unless you heard them side by side you'd be hard pressed to really pick one over the other.

I'd get whichever I could find locally in the condition you're willing to pay for. You'll like it, I am certain.

This would be a case where it would be nice for a Klipsch MODERATOR to chime in.

Logicly there were design objectives in the ChorusII to improve over the one.

How were they intended to be improved?

Surely it cannot be too proprietary since the models are out of production?

it would add cost to add a passive radiator to the design so I assume lowering cost was not an overriding factor in the scope of the objectives.

Box is basiclly the same size so it was not WAF; as one could percive in the narrower KLF-20 and KLF 30.