Just got new Synergy F-3 for good price!

Omega3002

Hey guys, I finally decided on a pair of the new Synergy F-3s. Best Buy was having a 20% off sale on all speakers so I decided to jump on the deal. I couldn't find them anywhere though. Half the BB stores would never pick up the phones and the other half didn't know if the inventory numbers on the computers were for on display or new in box items. Anyway... 3rd time is always the charm and I finally found a BB with a pair. $425 each reg price so the deal notched it down to $340. Not bad at all I figured. As the employee was ringing them up I saw that it showed up at 272 each. Was there another discount I didn't see? I wasn't going to mention it so I just jetted outta there. If you calculate it out 272 is 20% off the reg price... twice 1.gif so thats 36% off. Mistake? I dunno I duncare. Maybe I'm smoking something but 272 each is one heck of a deal IMO. Attached a scan of the receipt. I love Klipsch! So far they are sounding great but need more break in period and now I need a sub. Family wanted to take my soon to be SVS PB10 away from me. HAHA NEVER! Yay sub shopping...

Right now I'm using them with a Pioneer VSX-D814. I picked it up during DATS (day after thanksgiving sale) $299.99 and you get $100 gift card. I love bargains. It is a 6.1 100 w/chan. Not bad so far with the F3 but I have no comparison. These are 150watt RMS speakers so do you guys think they would sound better with a 120 or 150 watt/ch receiver or would I notice an improvement in quality with a more expensive and higher quality amplifier?

This stuff is for my family I'm away in college right now but its a good start. Ultras work wonders in a small room. Don't even want to mention what we had in the living room earlier too embarrassing (meaning could be worse than Blo$e). I would like to go back and maybe pick up a cc and surrounds but the deal might be over which is a shame 8.gif. I'll post pics of setup later.

post-14061-13819259546096_thumb.jpg

• Klipsch Employees

Omega,

You will love the F3, I ended up with a pr of F2's. I use them in our family room.

I use a 75W/ch receiver with them (and my whole HT) I run them on the B ch's.

They work fine with only 75 Watts. Your receiver should be fine. You can spend 100% more money on a receiver and only get a 10% better unit...

welcome to the family.

Trey

HAHA funny thing happened earlier today. I bought a copy of the Telarc SACD of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. The one with the warning on the back that says "Warning! The cannons of the Telarc Digital "1812" are recorded at a very high level. Lower levels are recommended for initial playback until a safe level can be determined for your equipment." Boy were they right. I played this on a regular DVD player so it only read the CD portion (need to buy universal player) and during the finale the receiver was forced into clipping displayed "OVERLOAD" on the front paneland eventually shut itself down. I had the receiver set on -20 and the cannon were quite loud. The giant leather chair I was sitting in was shaking along with the whole floor. So I guess I know the limitations now... need better amplifier if I want to play this insane recording.

I just got a pretty good deal with my whole klipsch setup as well.

Mains: SF3s

Surround Side: Sf2s

Surround Back: SB3s

Center: SC1

Sub: HSU STF2

All for around 1100 total. Not too shabby eh?

Any recommendations on a good 2 channel for the sf3s? I was looking at a nad 216 or something in the ballpark of 125+ per chan. Right now I have an hk avr 330 powering everything.

----------------

On 11/28/2004 5:41:38 AM Omega3002 wrote:

Hey guys, I finally decided on a pair of the new Synergy F-3s. Best Buy was having a 20% off sale on all speakers so I decided to jump on the deal. I couldn't find them anywhere though. Half the BB stores would never pick up the phones and the other half didn't know if the inventory numbers on the computers were for on display or new in box items. Anyway... 3rd time is always the charm and I finally found a BB with a pair. $425 each reg price so the deal notched it down to $340. Not bad at all I figured. As the employee was ringing them up I saw that it showed up at 272 each. Was there another discount I didn't see? I wasn't going to mention it so I just jetted outta there. If you calculate it out 272 is 20% off the reg price... twice
1.gif
so thats 36% off. Mistake? I dunno I duncare. Maybe I'm smoking something but 272 each is one heck of a deal IMO. Attached a scan of the receipt. I love Klipsch! So far they are sounding great but need more break in period and now I need a sub. Family wanted to take my soon to be SVS PB10 away from me. HAHA NEVER! Yay sub shopping...

----------------

Funny thing.......I read your post a few days ago...i just now checked my receipt.....I got the same price.......KILLER!!!

How do you like them?

I just bought a Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K, along with a set of F-3s, the KSW-12, the C-2 and a set of S-2s. I went with the C2 and S-2s mainly for space/placement issues but costs as well. (I hope that doesn't cause me issues.) I am hoping the MCACC system in the Pioneer will help balance everything nicely. I hope.

The whole deal cost me:

S-2s $339.98

C-2 $189.99

KSW-12 $384.99

F-3s $639.98

VSX-1014TX-K $389.99

Total $1944.93

Supposedly, it was a package deal and therefore got some major discounts. I know the receiver is normally $499 there, the KSW-12 is normally $510 and the F-3s are normally marked $425, so it felt pretty good.

The listening/demo area at the BB in Nashua NH was decent and I was allowed to play plenty of my own music and also "cranked" it up to the point where some of the younger "dudes" maybe realized that us Woodstock generation weren't such old poops after-all. When I demoed some Paul Butterfield East-West I had half the store listening. (they had no choice!) Some Dave Brubeck sounded really fine too. As did some SteelyDan Gaucho.

I had previusly demoed some Polk and Sapphire at Tweeters, and some Paradigm at a private boutique. (which would have cost me $1000+ more for a lower level Elite receiver and Monitor 7 speakers.)

I REALLY liked the Klipsch sound! Very "live" sounding and just great soundstage. I can't wait to get it all set up here at home, but am holding off till after X-mas because this whole listening room gets taken over by my wife's X-mas decorating and X-mas tree.

Wow! that is a great price. I was at BB when they had them on sale for $680/pr. I should have jumped on them then.. now, only days later; the sale is over. :(

I am thinking about buying them at retail, and hoping a sale puts back up in the next 30 days. They will honor a price change or another store price for 30 days after purchase.

Just sucks that I didn't get in on them when they were $200 cheaper!

Or more by the looks of things!! I would have loved to get them for $272. ea.!!! :( Poor me...

I think this was the "package" I bought.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?productCategoryId=cat01004&id=pcmprd27000050000&skuId=999926900050000&type=product&count=2

But the sales guy was able to substitute the Pioneer 1014 (which I wanted) instead of the Yamaha HTR-5760 receiver. I got an even better deal as I signed up for their 0% interest till 2007 finance package/credit card (which I'll immediately pay off), but it's a come-on to get you to spend more. That got me another 10% more off.

Plus, no sales tax in NH! (5% sales tax in Massachusetts)

It's killing me to have all these pretty blue boxes in the basement!!

illthreat, I found an SF-3 for 249.88 each with free shipping and no tax I got the pair for 499.76. Check out www.vanns.com they got some great deals even on SF-1 and SF-2. But for me I decided to go for the big one's coz there such a good price. Hope this will help you for youre search... Lostboy...º¿º...

thanks lostboy,

:P I found the same deal as you described just last week. :) But thanks for the effort! Much appreciated; and of course it's the thought that counts, right?

I've narrowed it down to the following:

RF-35 for $690/pr./shipped.

SF-3 for $500/pr./shipped.

F-3 for whatever I can score at Best Buy.

(So far that has been @$560/pr. - 800.)

After a little research I'm finding out that the F-3 has slightly better bass and less of an "in your face" approach with vocals as the S-3.

And I can't stop thinking about owning the RF-35 for such a good price... But, having researched that the SF-3 was derived from the RF-35; and the F-3 is of newer design and acoustic features...

As you can see, many choices. It's starting to seem like a viscous circle. $ is def. playing a factor. I'm not trying to penny pinch, but there Really is something to be said about "less expensive" and "better". Or maybe not "better" but in this case, very similar.

Whatever I go with, I'm going to be pleased. But I could also add a fatter wallet to go along with that dumb smile that Klipsch is known to give.

K.R.,

Chris