Bridged Center Loudspeaker, Dope from Hope

WMcD

One general consideration is that PWKs line level mini box assumes that you're dealing with a pre amp output which feeds a power amp.

That is to say, the output RCA is after the volume control on the pre-amp. The center channel would track the overall level to the flanking speakers fed down the amplifier chain.

In my ancient receiver there is a tape out. That is before the volume control. So if that was the pick off point, the level to the third center channel would not be affected by the volume control. You'd have to adjust at the third amp.

OTOH, there is a bridged connection between the pre-amp and the power section on this old receiver. That would be controlled by the volume control and is a logical point to make the connection to the mini box.

Therefore, you should take a close look at the connection at line level which you can access on your set up.

Gil

"In my ancient receiver there is a tape out. That is before the volume control. So if that was the pick off point, the level to the third center channel would not be affected by the volume control. You'd have to adjust at the third amp."

This is exactly how I was using my mini box. In fact, with this method you do not need to use the right/left jacks out of the mini box, only the center out.