Antique Sound Labs Tube Amps

aviserated

I was thinking of trying out the small MG-SI 15DT single ended design 'class A' vacum tube integrated amp with remote.The twin KT 88 output tubes deliver 15 watts per channel. The single-ended 'Class A' topology features selectable triode and pentode operation. It also has a line-level subwoofer output.

I have a small 10' by 11' room and will be using Klipsch KG 3.5 floorstanding speakers that have a sensitivity rating of 94. Can anybody guess/know what this amp would sound like?

Audio Adviser sells these with a 30 day money back return policy. Who else offers this return policy on tube amps? 4.gif

Geo. Wright offers returns on his amps, also. www.wright-sound.com

I haven't heard the KG 3.5's or the ASL amp, but would think it should perform well. For my listening preferences 15wpc would work fine, I think even with 94db efficient speakers. Some folks would have a strong preference for more ooommphh.

I am a fan of ASL tube amplifiers and just said so today at EnjoyTheMusic.com. All retail stores must offer a 30-day money back guarantee on any product over (I believe it is) $300, could be $400. It is federal law. The ASL amplifier should sound great with your big ole horns, but I would look for refurbished vintage integrated tube amplifiers first. That way, even if you upgrade after several years, you should be able to get back what you paid for them!

2.gif

I have heard the MG-SI 15DT and might well have bought it had I not already taken delivery on my AQ1003DT ( which I enjoy immensely ).

The MG-SI 15DT is not the only decent amp of its type but is well worth looking at ...especially if you can audition it at home with your own speakers for 30 days....I suspect that you will want to keep it from day 1.If not the return policy makes it a low risk proposition.

----------------

On 12/1/2004 5:14:19 PM Colin wrote:

All retail stores must offer a 30-day money back guarantee on any product over (I believe it is) $300, could be $400. It is federal law. ----------------

Really? I find that hard to believe. It certainly isn't the case where I work. And try returning a car after an hour, much less 30 days...