K55 for sale

colterphoto1

Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot here, but I've already mentioned a guy on Ebay that is parting out Cornwall components. Is anyone on forum bidding on the two K601-K55 mid horns and drivers? I'd really like to get them for my vertical corn project and only need one set, so if you'd let a guy have a chance, I'll sell one set AT MY COST to a valued Forum friend. PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!

Thanks,

Michael

THANKS FRZ, I changed it. I won't bid on x-overs- arent' they getting awful expensive already?

Michael,

If you're interested I have a pair of K-77, the ones with the chrome horn. they look exactly like the ones in my '60 Khorns. I need to trade one of them for a K-55-V if possible. If you're interested let me know via posting here or PM/email.

I already sent you PM/email about your Corn project, should be in your inbox.

----------------

On 12/2/2004 7:49:18 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Those are NOT K-55's they are the newer K-57-K's that were eventually used in the '85-'90 Cornwall II's.

----------------

Frzninvt you are correct!! I'm suprised no one spotted this earlier. I didn't bother to even look, since the were advertised as K-55s.

Michael,

I'm interested in JUST the plastic 601 horns if they can be attached to a K-55, which I think they can. Let me know if you what to sell just the plastic 601 horns. If you get the seller to void the sale (which he should), let me know and I'll contact him direct for the 601 horns.

Mike

Good2Be, the K-601 if I am not mistaken is bolted to the K-57K same as the K-76K tweeter is (three nuts). The K-57-K midrange is only a 1.5" diameter and is not threaded, whereas the K-55 is a 2" diameter that is threaded.

If Michael is only going to need one crossover it makes more sense to have DeanG, or BobC work him up a single. It would be cheaper I think than the $143 plus shipping that I am going to be paying for these.

However, my concern is that the B-3 is capped for the K-57K midrange and not the K-55V. According to my schematics the B-2 had a 3uf in the midrange circuit and the B-3 has a 5uf. Not sure if it is enough to matter. The '85-'90 Cornwall II crossover was totally different and had NO autoformer. It looks real, real cheap.

Frzninvt,

If you're correct about the K601 - K-57 connection, then I'm not interested because I wanted to try them with K55s. Also, it appears based on Michael's last post he is happy with his purchase anyway.

Michael,

When you receive these I would appreciate a closeup of the connection between the K601 and the K57. Let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Can do on the photo as I plan on documenting my attempts at constructing a custom Vertical Cornwall from these components and veneering to match my two existing Cornwall mains.

I do only need one set, but would still like to obtain the matching xovers and would make the other complete set (that is Cornwall-box-K77) to another happy Forum member who is in the hunt for a third or making his own vertical.

Michael- this is so confusing, but happy to be making progress.

Frzninvt, Dean, Bob,

I was wondering about the construction of those xovers CWII B3 from the photo posted on Ebay.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish: I have have two original 1974 Cornwalls which would be with autotransformers and K55/K600 squawkers.

I have purchased on Ebay the following parts in pairs:

K33 round magnet woofers

K57K mid drivers

K601 plastic mid horns

?have I finally got the part #'s right? It's a learning curve, hang with me here.

Frzninvt has the mateing xovers from the above CWII cabinets.

I plan on utilizing one set to create a single vertical cornwall I/II? for use as a center channel, therefore eliminating the hollering about my RC7 and timbre matching.

The remaining parts will be sold as a set to a lucky Forum member with the same project in mind.

Which crossover network would work best in this situation?

Assume that I am willing to have a similar upgrade made to my two originals (either Deans or Bob's recommended upgrade/changes/repairs)

The original non-autotransformers that came with these cabinets.

The originals modified to match my 74's (essential timbre matching)

Have Bob or Dean make new ones with upgraded parts (for K57 or to match 74's)

Thanks guys, this project has been a handful already and I'm not even started, glad to have some of the needed parts though.

Michael

• 2 months later...

Gentlemen,

I'm doing the same thing that Colter's doing...by building a 3rd Cornwall for my center. However, I'm using a traditional CW vs. a Vertical. I still need the same components as Colter's (K33, K55, K77). I have the Type B crossover already built for me.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for leftovers from Colter's project. Like him, I only need a single set of components.

Meanwhile, I've attached the drawing of the Wall unit that's being built for me to house this HT system. Short of the Velodyne sub, my HT system will be exclusively "Heritage" very soon. NOTE: I've had all the openings sized to accomodate La Scalas, so when (not if) I can obtain a pair or even 3, they'll slide right into the unit. I also had this unit built so that if I move, I can take it with me...just like furniture.

post-17212-13819259646252_thumb.jpg

Michael since you are going with the K57K/K601 mid, have you considered getting the K79K tweeter driver and matching horn to go in your project? I believe that was the tweeter/squawker in the CW II. That seems to be the build you are working on. Just an idea.