Integrating Klipsch KG 3.5s

throttlemire

For the center it's the KV line (1,2..3) you can find them on ebay.

As for surrounds it would be the KG line. Klipsch did not make a

specific surround speakers for the KG like they do now. Most use bookshelf

speakers for the surrounds or another pair of floorstanding. As far

as subs go the subs out when the KG's we being produced were the SW

series, however, it does not matter on matching subs with your speakers

so I would by a new one. Try the RW subs from Klipsch.

IMO best matchup for the 3.5's is a 2v center and 1.5's in the rear with the sub of your choice if for HT, skip the sub for music. Owned the 3.5's for about 10 years now and still love them in my second system.

I'm running the 3.5's with KG 1.2's in the rear and a KV3 center - I'm very happy with this modest little set up. I was using a KV2 center but because I listen to multi channel music more than A/V, I found the KV2 (5.25 drivers) a bit too small for all the sound that SACD and DVD Audio seem to throw at the center. If you are looking at mainy home theater, the KV2 was a nice match.

I chose the KG 1.2's because of their relatively small footprint - they will fit easily on high stands which was the route I had to go due to room limitations (couldn't use a low or floor standing in the rear). The 6.5 drivers on the 1.2's also matched up well with the KV3.

And finally, I would not recommend the SS series for the rears when matched with KG's - this is only my opinion but they didn't match up that well (again, for multi-channel music). - I had the SS1's and switched them over to the KG 1.2's

My home theater started with KG3.5's for mains and a KV-2 for the center. I was very happy for 8 years until I found this forum...2.gif Then on the advice of members I tried some things...

First added KG 2.5's as rear surrounds. It was nice...

Then I found enough KG 3.5's to have six of them including the front and back center channel. I had the space in the room and even modified one to horizonalize it for use over the TV as a center channel. Now the sound was VERY nice...

In bang for the buck, I don't think you can get much better. I still use two KG 3.5's for my 2 channel listening. I think KG 3.5's all around is the "best" option. With a KV-3 or KV-2 as next best center channel. KG 2.5's or 1.5's are also next best option for surrounds. It really comes down to your budget and space available in your room.

Good luck.

Redtop

P.S. I still have my black KV-2 if you decide to go that way. It is in perfect condition and I have the original box for shipping. I'll sell it for $75.00 plus shipping.