La Scala Doghouse

ooteedee

Sweet. Will do.

I also plan to use some well placed wood screws throughout.

Yeah, I know....they can be ugly on the outside of the cabinet, but like I've said in previous posts. They're for the barn. I'll countersink them.

I won't put any screws on the outside surface of the doghouse peak. That would be really ugly. Even for the barn.

Do you think I could make up a little wedge board to hold the peak together nice and tight on the INSIDE corner of the doghouse peak? (Something to hold both glue and a few short screws from the inside)

Yes. Most likely, a support brace would not take up much space. I could make the braces quite small, too. It would only need 2 or 3 short wedges. Just enough to hold two screws each perhaps.

I'm hip to the jig thing, too. Always good to have. But I'll probalby just wing it with some good sized clamps, glue and screws.

Thanks to all who have responded.

The angle on the dog house point is very steep not sure what it is but Andy said most home saws wont do it,you will need to make a jig just to cut that.Rick ps.i made a small LaScala for work many years ago and didnt get the cut even close on a good old table saw