How well does the KG Line of speakers match with Forte 1

fletcherkane

Hope you all can help this newbie to the forum. What a great site!

A friend of mine left for the mission field, and left me his beautiful walnut oak Forte's. I already had a pair of KG 2.2's I am running an MTX Sub.

I have noticed on other posts that the 2.2 is a decent center channel match for the Fortes.

Any thoughts on picking up some smaller KG's like the 1.5's for use as surrounds, and moving my 2.2's to a front and rear center?

My current center is a cheapy Pioneer.

Thanks for the help.9.gif

The cheapest and simplest route is to get a KG 2.2v for the center, leaving the 2.2s as rears. However, if you are set on having a rear center, maybe get another pair of 2.2s for center and rear. I think they go for about $200/pr or less on Ebay auctions. A shielded 2.2v is necessary if going on top of or very near a regular CRT TV, but if you have a rear projection TV, a regular 2.2 can sit on top without distorting the picture.

Thanks for the quick imput. I have been keeping my eyes out for a 2.2v for some time, and was getting discouraged. Just wondering if the 1.5's would be ok. I will most likely wait til I find a 2.2v

----------------

On 12/18/2004 8:50:04 PM RichardP wrote:

The cheapest and simplest route is to get a KG 2.2v for the center, leaving the 2.2s as rears. However, if you are set on having a rear center, maybe get another pair of 2.2s for center and rear. I think they go for about $200/pr or less on Ebay auctions. A shielded 2.2v is necessary if going on top of or very near a regular CRT TV, but if you have a rear projection TV, a regular 2.2 can sit on top without distorting the picture.
----------------

For about a month I had a KG2 between my Forte's acting as a center channel. While I did not consider the match "exact" by any stretch, the sonic quality of the KG2 was reasonably close and the KG2 worked as a reasonable center prior to obtaining an Academy.

Popbumper

Fletcher,

Welcome to the forums. If you are interested in quick and cheap, I have a black KV-2 in perfect condition that just sitting in the closet. $75.00 plus shipping. It is not an extact match for the Forte's, but it was designed to match the KG series. I am the original owner and have the original box.

E-mail me at klipschforums@alwaysthankful.com if you are interested.

===End of gratuitious advertising=== 9.gif