Best subwoofer match for Klipsch RF's

MattyG

Time to add the final addition to my HT and wanted to check in with some of you that may have experienced matching RF-5's with either SVS or HSU subs. I also have the RC-7 and RS series for surrounds. I listen to music on rare occassions, so this is mostly HT all being run on through a Harmon Kardon 7200.

I brought a Velodyne FSR12BV (after my Boston Acoustics sub did not cut it) in 1998 and I thought was good with by BA T830. I did get them to sound ugly a couple of times (vodka was involved)and with a big room you need more than one. That model is old by now and I am sure they make better, not that it was top of the line then, but it was well reviewed. I was impressed when I heard it then, though I find sub woofers are impossible to review unless they are in the room your going have them in. In 2001 I purchased Klipsch all round , I now use the RSW-15 in my HT/music room and it is are amazing, I have never been able to ruffle a feather on it and it delivers clean, precise bass down very low at high levels. I love listening to Eric Clapton's "One More Car One More Rider" dvd among others. I have to tweek the level now and then between sources and software but its great to own something I am not worried about hurting and sounds/feels so good and it still add something at low levels which has more to do with the settings of the receiver I am sure. Never the less the walls are well insolated.