Dogs - Love em' and Hate em' Todays Horror Story

No Disc

Tim, what a bummer. Man, I feel your pain.

My dog Duffy, RIP (1/4/2004), got into a lot of things during her life, but I loved that dog so much I've forgotten all of them and can only remember the good stuff.

When I was filing CD's away in the basement this morning, I discovered where my wife had hidden Duff's ashes (and in an urn, of course). This spring we'll give her a proper funeral and bury them under her favorite tree.

Sniff, sniff. 8.gif

I've been lucky - Miss Sadie has never shown interest in anything that wasn't hers. (I exclude pizza, of course.) She did get too inquisitive, when she was a puppy, about the standard gauge toy train going around the Christmas tree and got about 14 volts across her nose. She's given things like that a pretty wide berth since then...

Sorry about the wiring, but now you get to upgrade right?

My buddy Stuart's labrador Denali in the course of 4 months ate: a baby sock, the drip can from the BBQ, and a few rocks (we don't know why and really weren't surprised). His vet told Stuart that maybe he needed to feed Denali a little more.

So far Barney (4 1/2 month old Black Lab) only tasted my La Scalas - but I don't think he'll go back for more and I am keeping a close eye on him when he gets close.

Happy Holidays,

Paul

My lab/shepherd/border collie Hollis has quite a diverse appetite. Off the top of my head, over his 10 yrs with me, and in no particular order:

The corners of my coffee table.

Several dead fish (seperate incidents)

A couple couch cushions

150-200 chicken wing bones from the trash (again, seperate incidents)

A pack of cigarettes & a pot's worth of coffee grounds (single incident)

Mud

about a dozen CDs, most of which were borrowed

A pair of eyeglasses

a bag of kind

his own collar

Most of this was in our wilder days. Domestic life has settled us both down. Now he just eats about 10 lbs of food a week or so.

THe little Boston Terrier is a bit more straighforward. Her only bout of eating strange things was a 6-week phase of poo eating. Man, that was gross...