KG 4.5 Question

dbflash

Anybody have anything good or bad to say about these speakers.

My Cornwalls take up too much floor space in my 2 channel room.

I am using KLF20's which I really like, but I miss the Heritage sound.

I found a pair of KG 4.5's on Audiogon 20 minutes from the house for $275.00

I don't really need these speakers, but because of location and price I was kind of kicking the idea around about getting them.

Are they worth it? I have read some posts about them and it seems to me from what I have read that the Cornwalls sound better, but for what they are these are some really nice speakers.

I don't want to waste the guys time.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny, I have a pair and compared even to the Heresys, I'm not impressed. They have a lot more bass for sure but not as undistorted a bass as Heritage. I'm in the middle of trying to upgrade them just to see what potential they may have but I have no great expectations. 15.gif

Rick

Dean

Compared to Cornwalls the KLF20's are not as "Warm" sounding to me. After your xover upgrade they sound so much better. They are crisp sounding and I can hear everything in the song.The imaging is better.They just sound so clean. When I first bought them I hated them with a passion, but now I can just sit back in my chair and play anything from Smooth Jazz, Classical, Rock and Roll to Texas Blues and am just amazed that it my system.In the last couple of weeks I have gotten into cello recordings.I can listen and with enough wine I just become one with the songs. They remind "ME" of my old Lascala's.

The easiest way I can explain it is the Cornwalls sound like an LP and the KLF's sound like a CD. Both sound good, but I miss the warmth.

This is same reason I didn't like the Lascala's.

Another big problem is my room. I had to rearrange everything and my speakers are sitting right in front of a pair of French Doors. This could be a big reason for missing the warmth.

Rick: Thanks. Thats what I kind of was thinking. I think I am going to pass.

I can't wait to ask you both and other Khorn owners if I should buy new or old Khorns.

I'm out of here until the first of the year. Either take vacation or loose it.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Danny