Happy New Year!

fini

Happy New Year to all of my friends and sparring partners here on the forum. We had a dinner party for sixteen with a seafood paella done in the oven. It was very tasty with chirozo and Italian sausage, chicken, pork, squid, clams, mussels and shrimp, with risotto rice in a turkey stock. It took me a while to cook everything up, but it made a great accompaniment to a Spanish murder mystery game that was planned. It was nice to celebrate with friends, the same group we have had together for the last seven years.

Dflip:

Your paella sounds delicious!

I remember the first time I ever had paella was in Barcelona. I was visiting a friend who was living there and we went to a restaurant and ordered paella. As we were eating he told me a story about how one time he was eating paella there and his fork hit something hard. As he probed around it turned out he was hitting the teeth of a rabbit head.

While we were eating there he reminded the waitress of that story and she said You like the rabbit head? I can go get you another rabbit head. Yikes!