Rotel Gear

IndyKlipschFan

Pioneer Elite is going through a model change in DVD players. They are going from the DV-59AVi to the DV79AVi. The 79 is less expensive and has better audio for DVD-A and SACD, but the video DACs may not be as good due to the HDMI port that many will use to bypass the video processing. The 79 is much heavier than the 59 as well.

Bill

Sometimes I assume that everyone is familiar with this website but since no one else published it, I thought you might find the information useful.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all

If video is your priority, than what I said before is still true.

If SACD or DVDA is your main concern, than you will really need to audition your choice personally as sound seems to be so much more subjective.

To offer a differing opinion: I ran my Fortes, Academy, and RS3's for about a year with a Rotel 1095 amp... the unit was built like a tank, and never skipped a beat.

However...

It never brought a live sound to my ears like my McCormack amplifiers, or even my old Carver amp. I would classify the Rotel amplifier sound as being, at least to me, completely lacking in nuance and realism.

My .02.