Updating beat up KLF 20 Questions

I finally got around to checking out my KLF 20's I bought a few months back. I originally thought that they just needed reglued. After removing the Zing Zang anti rattle kit someone installed I proceded to take out the tweeter. Well I found that the foam inside has had a little mouse living in it and he torn all the foam up. I was wondering if the egg crate foam that Parts Express sells would be just as good. Or should I go a step better and get the sonic barrier stuff they have. Another question how thick was that stuff suppose to be. Well I investigated further and also found the gold terminals are starting to turn green. What are good quality replacements. All the drivers survided the mouse untouched. The feet on the bottom also leave something to be desired. I have hardwood floors and half of the parts are missing on them. I luv these and would like to just improve them a little bit if I'm going to have them apart. I'm on a budget so let's here some suggestions.