cleaning paper cones

You can use a vacuum cleaner with the small brush attachment provided that the brush has soft bristles. I do this all the time to my decorator cornwalls and heresy woofers. Basically this will only remove dust in the nooks and crannys and any loose flakes of the so called stain you mention. This makes them look about as good as they can.

But I agree with the others, that's about it. I wouldn't risk using anything wet to remove the stain. Look into using the grills or making the grills look new again (Wendel fabrics).

Another thought, still in the "cover it up" category:

Parts express sells some waterproofing stuff for speaker cones, as an added bonus, it gives them the "wet look".

I would think about using that rather than trying to remove any liquid staining...

DM

What D-Man says. If its a new stain you might get it out and then again you might send the speaker to hell. I have vaccumed and used spit and laquer thinner on new maybe day old stains but you have to have a lot of intestinal

fortitude. I try stuff a lot and if I fail I just buy a new one and chalk it up as a failure. Pop and coffee stains should come out with water. Why mess with it when you can cover it with grill cloth?

JJK