Decorator Cornwalls and Decorator Amps.

arfandbark

I 've noticed that my Corns are "less retricted" when I remove the grilles.

I've brought this question up before and was told I shouldn't remove them because they didn't come from Klipsch that way (to put it mildly).

If that's the case, do Decorator Cornwalls have a differant crossoer or something to make them sound as though the grille cloth is on?

While I'm at it, are amplifiers and pre amps constricted by physical size for some reason?

I understand rack fit stuff, but wait a minute. We're not worried about fitting to a shelf, here.

Quality sound is what we're after. Form follows function, right? Does a pre amp or amp have to be compact? Wouldn't it be better if there was more room around everyhing?

Stuff will stay cooler, I'll bet. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, let me know.

While I'm at it, why aren't we making our own tubes?

Someone could get rich doing just that....

WOOF!

Most equipment is geared to one size to fit the "average" shelving unit.

Try taking a good piece made in the '70s or '80s and fit it in. After you rearrange things, youll probably notice that the "average" audio shelf will not withstand the weight. Quality equipment has its own market and stands - usually open on the sides.

For tube making, economics and pollution regulations make it a very costly proposition. Nice idea, but...

dodger

I'm not talking about the poster, Bill, but

"Interestingly the literature from Klipsch on their Synergy line is remove the grills for an "aggressive statement" or leave them on for an "elegant and refined" look!"

Who writes this Bull$#!t!

it's like the web site ..

"you have selected a Classic Klipsch product....

I HATE marketing doublespeak! LOL

Michael

----------------

On 1/4/2005 8:23:37 AM D0N wrote:

You can hear the difference between a CW with the grills on and off?! That's a good ear!
6.gif
----------------

Don,

It is a VERY noticeable difference. Not quite like having a moving blanket on them and then removing it, but along thoses lines. I have the black grille cloth on my '76 Cornwalls and it's by no means transparent....