Going to build new cabs for our old Sanyo speakers.. Have some questions.

m00n

Well... Good question and no it's not rude. It's my wifes old system and out of sheer spite she does not want to get rid of them, but they are in dire need of a facelift. They look like poo and help to bring ugly to our living room. I just want to fix them up so they look nice. Sure, they are not the most expensive set of speakers, but in all honestly, they are not all that bad either.

I'm glad I didn't offend. Checkout this stuff at Parts Express:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&Webpage_ID=3&DID=7&CAT_ID=48&ObjectGroup_ID=135&SO=2

It's essentially the same stuff Klipsch uses to cover their speakers. I've used it (in black) and it looks great.

BTW, are you sure you're wife isn't an alien from Mars? Any woman that doesn't want to get rid of big speaker that looks like poo MUST really be an alien life form! 9.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2005 12:28:23 AM STL wrote:

I'm glad I didn't offend. Checkout this stuff at Parts Express:

It's essentially the same stuff Klipsch uses to cover their speakers. I've used it (in black) and it looks great.

BTW, are you sure you're wife isn't an alien from Mars? Any woman that doesn't want to get rid of big speaker that looks like poo MUST really be an alien life form!
9.gif

----------------

Well... Like I said, this was her stereo before I met her. Not to mention, she didn't much appreciate it when I bumped her speakers out of the room when I moved in the belles. So... Again, it's just spite. She could be from mars though.

As far as that vinal wrap... That's not what they use on RF7s is it? The RF7 and RC7 is veneer right? You are talking about maybe the RS7s? I know the RS7s had some kind of plastic wrap rather than veneer.

The advice of figuring to the inside dimensions when using 3/4" is the best approach, though, as you would have EXACTLY the same internal volumes as before. But 1/4" inch difference is unlikely to be heard, IMO. If there is cabinet insulation involved, the exactness becomes less of a concern.

DM2.gif

I know this stuff seems to match my KG5.5s exactly, and yes mine are the vinyl covered variety. Since I wanted black, I didn't care if they were wood veneer or vinyl -- it's not like it changes the sound! 1.gif I believe my brother-in-law's RF-3's are "wrapped" in the same stuff too.