JBL Hartsfield on Ebay

oscarsear

I had a pair of Sovereign C-60's with the dual crossovers and basically the same components. Not a folded horn like the Hartsfield, but never mind the bass, the mids and highs were nothing compared to Khorns. Just imagine the puzzled look on my face as I sat and listened to them. One eyebrow raised up higher than the other with a slight curl to my upper lip. What the heck are people hearing with these?

I bought the pair for $1400 knowing almost exactly what I could sell the components for. I ended up getting $3600 (not including packing or shipping) for the components on ebay, mostly to Asian bidders. No problems, by the way, with communication or payment, everything went smoothly. Someone actually paid $1650 for the JBL 375 midrange drivers alone. Nuts.

A couple weeks ago I was looking at the C60 cabinets and grills sitting in my shop and thinking about how much I'd have to pay to bring them to the dump. I figured what the heck, I'll put them on ebay and see if anyone wants these chewed up, scratched, filthy old cabinets. I made sure to get a packing fee and of course all shipping costs. I had several bidders, and someone actually paid me $211 for the cabinets plus packing and shipping. Nearly $600 for me to put them in boxes and send them to CA. Nuts. Now he's going to buy all the components from someone else on ebay, refinish the cabinets and have a really expensive mediocre sounding set of speakers. Nuts. All these JBL people are nuts in my opinion. Just go buy a pair of Khorns for a couple of grand for cryin out loud.

Greg