happy camper for sure, gotta love those klipsch

joessportster

i can officially say its done, (for awhile anyway), thanks to russ i have a system that almost anybody would at least like this thing sounds better than any system i have ever had or heard although i have to say i am the only person i know that is this interested in true quality sound, my system consists of 2 phase linear model 400 series 1 amps, a phase linear model 2000 pre-amp series 1, a phase linear model 5000 tuner series 1, a pioneer ctf 1000 cassette, a thorens 160 TT with a stanton 681 (with a custom made oak plinth), an akai gx 255 reel to reel, and a onkyo dx 703 cd player, speakers are of course klipsch 1 pair of 1977 cornwalls, and 1 pair of 1979 heresy's, got the heresy's today via ebay and russ(he's the man), i absolutely cannot beleive the difference the heresy's made for my sound i have a small listening room maybe 10 x 20 but does have vaulted ceilings up to about 10 feet, limited space to have speakers set up i hooked one amp to each set of speakers and ran the heresy as a rear with an ambience setting on the pre amp, set the heresy on top of the cornwalls as i have no way to set them elsewhere that would be even close to suitable and i am playing clapton unplugged, i now have what i beleive is almost as close to the real sound as i will ever get, i would swear eric and his guitar are in my house, along with the audience unreal sound THANK YOU P.W.K., I HAVE NEVER HEARD BETTER

I use to have a CTF 1000 myself and loved it. Bought mine somewhere around 1979 I'd guess. Never had an inkling of troubles with it and loved the way the cassette fit onto the surface of machine, rather than inside.

Moved around a bit, left it in a box for what turned out to be couple years and before Al invented the internet, gave it to a friend because I could see my friends eye gleem when he saw it.

He KNEW better than to gleem his eyes on my LaScalas... I'd taken my fingertip and fixed THAT gleem in a heartbeat 11.gif9.gif

Come to think of it, 2 years ago, I gave (as in gave) my Akai 747 open reel deck to another friend, along with about 20 reels and two (Peaches) crates of albums... AND a DBX 224 noise reduction unit and my Phase Linear (5000?) tangent turntable...

Have debated on giving yet a different friend my old Electro Voice Interface D's & Yamaha 120x2

Sigh... anyone here wanna be my friend, I only have a pair of K-horns, LaScalas, 3 Academy's, Jolida and a Peach left (wife might be part of the deal though

11.gif9.gif2.gif3.gif )

i dont have any friends like you, i have to fight just to get what i have and to alot of people my gear is low class,but lucky for me i am hard headed and dont really care if somebody else likes it as long as it does what i want and sounds good im happy, i am tradeing 1 of my ctf-1000 pioneers off to a guy, i made a deal where he will restore one for me and he gets to keep the second one, they both play fine just the ffw/rew are intermittant(work when they want to) thanks for all the support on this site Joe

hello why would you say ditch the phase pre-amp, i am certainly open to suggestions, but it seems to sound very good to me is there a sound quality problem with them i havent heard about, i did get rid of 2 phase linear 4000 series 1 pre-amps as they were problematic, but the 2000 seems better, except for the fact that my power switch screwed up last night and now stays on full time. thanks Joe