ALK Crossovers

Dylanl

Chris,

The fuse was connected ahead of the entire network in earlier versions. You probably have not downloaded the newer design. I had to move the fuse to the woofer section when I modified it to ad bi-wiring capability. The layout drawing Dean posted earlier is of the new layout.

JW,

I am working on your networks now (Jan 15) and I hope to ship them Monday 1.gif

Al K.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 1/14/2005 9:54:05 PM 3dzapper wrote:

----------------

On 1/14/2005 7:38:41 PM DeanG wrote:

You'll also find fuses in the output sections of most amplifiers -- why don't we stress out over those? The more I learn about electronics, the less I worry about that kind of stuff. Some of you guys act like the tuba won't make it through the wire unless you make it big enough!!

----------------

That's a good question Dean, how does the tuba make it throgh the wires? Or MaMa Cass?
6.gif

Rick

----------------

Finally! A question I feel qualified to answer!

The tuba doesn't make it through the wires. The musicians actually live in the speaker, and the bigger the speaker, the greater the number of musicians that can live in there. They live off the juice the amplifier provides. The better the juice, the happier the musicians, and the better the sound.

I used to think the same principle applied to televisions, but with the advent of flat screen/low box volume tv's... there has to be something else going on. I'm certain there is an explanation I can live with out there, however!

always happy to help out,

Forrest