Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

ygmn

USED from blockbuster....2 for $20...and well worth it...

The story is very different from mainstream stuff but very good...I truly loved this movie...and it will make you thinnk when it is over...

not much I can discuss about story without spoiling it...other then it does have one flashback...but you do not get confused like Wicker Park..

DTS 5.1....was a bonus....and there is a difference from the DD 5.1 because I tend to switch between the two when playing to see which I like better on movies with DTS...and it has always been DTS hands down for me...

Charlie Kaufman wrote the movie with some help...but you can tell it is his work....very well done....

Jim Carrey, Kate Winslett, and others were well cast and incredible job of making you beleive they were the characters...

This one is a keeper IMO

• Moderators

I LOVE this movie. Saw it in the theater and had to buy it the day it came out, full price--something I rarely do. 1.gif

I won't say much about it either, except that the ending really tugged at my heart. Very real.... nothing "Hollywood" about this non-chick-flick love story.

This film is pure genius. The director Michel Gondry is a revolutionary music video director. He's directed these:

The White Stripes-The Hardest Button To Button, Dead Leaves & The Dirty Ground and Fell In Love With A Girl(the Lego video).

Bjork-Joga, Bachelorette, Hyperballad, Army Of Me, Isolbel and Human Behavior(I think Bjork likes him too).

The Chemical Brothers-Star Guitar and Let Forever Be<---maybe my favorite of all.

Beck-Deadweight

Foo Fighters-Everlong

There are some lesser-known artists that he made videos for that are just as good. The video for Cibo Matto-Sugar Water just messes with my head. If you can find a place on the net to view it I'd recommend it.

----------------

On 1/13/2005 11:11:44 AM Amy Unger wrote:

I LOVE this movie. Saw it in the theater and had to buy it the day it came out, full price--something I rarely do.
1.gif

I won't say much about it either, except that the ending really tugged at my heart. Very real.... nothing "Hollywood" about this non-chick-flick love story.

----------------

Bingo lol.

Damnit I wanna say just one little statement, but even that could give too much away.

Peeps see it, the film making is first class, the actors/actresses played their roles with heart, and just everything about the movie kicks (admin edit)

• Moderators

lol, I edited him. It wasn't too bad anyway 1.gif There are worse words I'm more concerned with keeping off the board...

At any rate, yes, first class film making. And without giving it away, I'd have to say what I walked away with from this movie is if you ever loved somebody, no matter what heartbreak happens along the way, the memories you take with you make it all worth it. Watch it twice, it's so much better the second time (so you don't have to focus on what in the world is going on).