New Home Theater Pics!!!

Boji7.1

I just hooked up everything last night and it sounds sweet. The only thing that is ot working the way i wasnt it is the sub. It sounds very low and it is not hitting as hard as I thought it was. It si the RW-12 and the reciever a Harman Kardon AVR-235. Can you please help with how to set up the speakers (Large or Small) and I know nothing about setting the cross-over points. Thanks foy all your help.

post-16498-13819261126758_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

it looks really great, the room is verry nice, how does it sound?

crossovers... set your fronts and your center to large and your rears to small, then set your speakers to 80 hz on the reciever then on the cross over on your sub i would set that at 80hz and adjust the level of the sub to your liking, from there i would use that set-up mic that is on the front panel of your receiver place that in the listening position use the instructions to set up your system and it should calibrate all of the levels it usually works really great as long as there is no obstructions between the mic and the speaker (which includes you and furniture, so when you put the mic in teh listening postion put it on top of the couch so the back of the couch is not obstructed by the back of the couch otherwise the rears will be turned up way to loud

As far as your sub adjust the levels and make sure the level of the sub on the receiver is set to 0 also when the system automatically calibrates your system i would just turn your sub back down to 0 unless you liek the way it sounds, i have found with mine that it doesn't sound as good, but you may find that ti sounds good..... Check all the wiring for a tight connection and if that does not work, i would try to relocate the sub to a corner, the more wall space you have near the sub the more surface area you will have for the sound to resonate, and this should also creat a smoother roll off on the end of the spectrum...

anyways good luck with it and hope you enjoy it!

ps let me know if you have any questions about your receiverr i know that reciever in and out

----------------

On 1/14/2005 2:13:47 PM Boji7.1 wrote:

I just hooked up mu old 8" JBL sun to my reciever and it sounds fine. When ever i plug my RW-12 it makes a cracking sound and some things start to viberate inside of the sub and it doesn't hit hard at all. I wonder if something could be blown?

----------------

That does not sound good. It should not make any cracking soound and it

should hit hard. I would take it back to the store and have them test it

vs. another RW-12.

Guest Anonymous

there have been a lot of memebers here that have been having problems with their amps on ther refrence sieries subs, i would recomend taking them back to your dealer and having them looked at, or contact a mediator on this site and have them guide you on this

you must not have seen the post reguarding the "rule" that you must have

LOTR movie on the screen in order to post pics of your system2.gif

look like a nice room!!

good luck with that sub, is it new?

did you have it hooked up before and it sounded ok?

jay

I think your sub is deffective, unfortunately.

With a working sub, I'd set the speakers as follows

mains: large 80Hz

center: small 80Hz

surrounds: small 80Hz

sub: LFE + R/L 80Hz

That way, you get full range to your mains but low frequencies as well to the sub.

If the mains are wiorking too hard, drop them down to small, maybe with the crossover at 60 Hz.

Guest Anonymous

that was pretty good, well i have owned both onkyo and hk, and i believe that they both offer great benifits for the price, the hk is definatly a little warmer and imo it sounds better for music, little richer, when it comes to movies i think the onkyo seems to have a little bit better processing and can seems to come a little more to life and a little more detailed (to me), but they are both great products, but if you can try them both out and choose what you like better, if you have any operational questions about either i can certainly help you with anything on onkyo or hk stuff

I just talked to my dealer and they said tehy are going to order me a new RW-12. It's too bad I didn't even get to hear it. The AVR-235 matches the Klipsch speakers perfectly, just enough power i think. I wonder how much better this sub is going to sound than my 8" JBL??