RW10 vs RW12?

ottscay

Sorry for the cross post, but I thought maybe this is the place to ask. Is there a sonic advantage to the RW12? That is, I can already make myself bleed from the ear with m RW10 if I so desire, so what are the advantages of the RW12 besodes 3 extra decibels at 1 meter? I know it goes a bit lower, but will this be audible? Will it fill in the lower end better?

Just trying to get some opinons before I decide whether to upgrade or not. Also, if I eventually want to move from the RF-35s into the RF-5/7 range, will it become more important to have the RW-12 to compliment them?

Thanks!

Scott

----------------

On 1/17/2005 3:52:10 PM ottscay wrote:

I know it goes a bit lower, but will this be audible? Will it fill in the lower end better?

----------------

Yes it will.

Klipsch did a side by side comparison 2 Klipsch Pilgrimages (visits) ago. All the members who witnessed these comparisons (i wasn't there) agreed that the RW12 was a different animal from the RW10. In other words... the difference between the RW8 and RW10 were described as a progressive improvement... while the RW12 was a substantial improvement over the RW10.

Try a search for articles containing RW10 and RW12... and you'll see what I mean. If you can afford it... go with the bigger sub.

Rob

----------------

On 1/25/2005 2:34:47 PM Jennifer1 wrote:

there are not a big difference in price between the RW-10 and RW-12....I just bought the RW-12, it's a monster!

----------------

would you be able to tell me the pricing you found on these?