A quick question?

fyremarble

Hello again from your friendly female audiophile. I have a question about, i don't know if you'd call it lingo, a term i've been hearing and reading and i have no idea what it means i figured maybe somebody could help me at the forum. So here it goes. The term is DAC. What is it? What does DAC stand for? And what does a DAC do? I like to learn audio lingo and i am still learning words, but i don't mean to sound stupid or simple minded i'm just continuing to learn. If you guys and gals could help me out that would be great. Thanx in advance.5.gif12.gif

----------------

On 1/18/2005 10:57:38 AM fyremarble wrote:

I like to learn audio lingo and i am still learning words, but i don't mean to sound stupid or simple minded i'm just continuing to learn. If you guys and gals could help me out that would be great. Thanx in advance.

----------------

Here is good Audio Primer page on the Secrets of HT and Hi-Fi page.

There are seperate "articles" for speakers, amps, DVD players, etc.

Also, here is a good Audio Glossery showing many of the terms used in Audio and HT. Interestingly, though, that site does not have "DAC" listed in there.

And last but not least, here is Audio 101 with a dictionary of audio terms. More specifically, here is a detailed explanation of what a DAC is on that Audio 101 site.

This should get you started nicely on the road to audio goodness, although from what I see listed in your sig line, looks like you got a good start already 2.gif. Hope this answer your specific question as well as help answer any that you may have down the road.

It's nice to see that you are still interested. Also that you take the time to post questions. There are many intelligent people here.

If you can't get an answer here, you won't find it elsewhere.

Some great areas to study have been noted.

The only thing - the dumb question is the one not asked.

Happy Listening.

Audios,

dodger