Roland Kirk, We Free Kings

garymd

We listen to jazz on our 2-channel systems. Nobody ever seems to complain. UNTIL NOW! Analogman comes back to stir up trouble and Paul's right behind him. You really don't need to encourage him Paul. I realize you guys have bonded but it just isn't necessary. Most of the folks we discuss audio related topics with hang out in the 2-channel forum as YOU well know.

Once again, if you don't like the topic, don't read it.

Calm down, Gary. Analogman simply implied that it was the wrong place for a music discussion. Allan replied with "You can crawl back into your hole now." Somehow in your eagerness to criticize Analogman and me, you missed that rude statement. That is what is known as having a double standard.

----------------

On 1/19/2005 9:38:56 PM garymd wrote:

We listen to jazz on our 2-channel systems. Nobody ever seems to complain. UNTIL NOW! Analogman comes back to stir up trouble and Paul's right behind him. You really don't need to encourage him Paul. I realize you guys have bonded but it just isn't necessary. Most of the folks we discuss audio related topics with hang out in the 2-channel forum as YOU well know.

Once again, if you don't like the topic, don't read it.

----------------

Change is good. I resent the accusation that I am attempting to "stir up trouble" and am wounded by it. I have apologized to the powers that be regarding my childish behavior in the past, and I meant it. I am simply trying to illuminate an aspect of forum protocol and structure you may have understandably overlooked while engaged in your passionate quest for Jazz Nirvana.

Sincerely,

Analogman

I think you should consider yourself lucky that your LP seller put it in an envelope at all, considering it was free shipping. He could've just stuck some stamps on the cover and taped the opening shut so the record wouldn't fall out.

----------------

On 1/19/2005 10:10:31 PM paulieparrot wrote:

I think you should consider yourself lucky that your LP seller put it in an envelope at all, considering it was free shipping. He could've just stuck some stamps on the cover and taped the opening shut so the record wouldn't fall out.

----------------

He could have just heaved it like a frisbee down I95 and given me a milage marker as a guide. That's what I do when I sell LPs to people in Virginia.2.gif

----------------

On 1/19/2005 9:37:43 PM paulieparrot wrote:

----------------

Well that's easy! Half of the products were 2-channel amps or preamps. Half of the products were expressly 2-channel SACD players, as opposed to the normal multichannel configuration.

----------------

You're not getting off that easy, pal. You made these posts for the sole purpose of pointing out the INSANITY of the pricing and were in no way trying to HELP anyone. The ebay and Tower Records posts were constructive and helpful and even though it was NOT appropriate for you to post this information in the 2-channel forum (at least by your "new" standards), the posts WERE helpful and appreciated.

Get off your high horse and let other people ENJOY themselves for crying out loud!

----------------

On 1/20/2005 12:38:22 AM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

----------------

Ahhh! I'm busy at work, missed the forum for a few days and then I read this.....

It's good to be back! 3.gif

----------------

On 1/20/2005 5:01:01 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 1/20/2005 12:38:22 AM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

----------------

Ahhh! I'm busy at work, missed the forum for a few days and then I read this.....

It's good to be back!
3.gif

----------------

So what do you think Edwin? Is it OK for me to start a thread like this in 2-channel? Many folks ONLY read 2-channel threads as we all know which is why I posted here.

I'd like to know if the overwhelming majority agrees with Paul and Analogman and has objections to this type of thread in 2-channel. If so, I'll use the Music Forum from now on.

• Moderators

I don't have any problem whatsoever with music posts in the 2 channel forum. To me, they are very much related.

Please let Trey and I do the moderating. If you have a problem with something on the board, email us first.