la scala plans??

bayoubandit

These seem to be accurate except for part 6, listed on sheet_2.bmp

The top of the bass bin is 23 inches front to back and not 23 3/4 inches. This is because it actually has part 9 (H/F motorboard) come down in front of it to cover the front edge of the plywood.

I did the 3D images. Andy (HDBRBuilder) added the correct dimensions on the LS plans. He is a former employee of Klipsch, and built lots of them.

Marvel

Seeing as how Andy really pays attention to detail and since I don't have a real LS in front of me. I now question my correction I posted. Can anyone who has one tell me if the back of the LS cabinet covers the back edge of the bass bin and the back edge of the bottom? It is hard to tell from the drawings.

Marvel

----------------

On 1/22/2005 1:36:48 PM Marvel wrote:

Seeing as how Andy really pays attention to detail and since I don't have a real LS in front of me. I now question my correction I posted. Can anyone who has one tell me if the back of the LS cabinet covers the back edge of the bass bin and the back edge of the bottom? It is hard to tell from the drawings.

Marvel

----------------

A picture perhaps.

larear.jpg

post-16371-1381926126512_thumb.jpg

The rear panel covers the rear edge of the LaScala top and bottom. So, the top of the bass bin is 23" deep (front edge is concealed by the upper baffle) and the bottom is 23 3/4" deep as you stated. The rear panel extends from the top of the doghouse panel to the bottom of the lower doghouse panel. This makes the rear cover to also be 23 3/4". The bottom doghouse cover ends at the inside edge of rear cover.

Excellent Jim! Many thanks.

I'm trying to get (and have already) more accurate info on the dimensions so I can get some cleaner drawings done. This helps a lot.

btw, is the cross piece under the top 2.5 inches? Looks like it might be.

Marvel

• 2 weeks later...

careful with the HF motorboard dimension.

When I cut mine out and assembeled, the hf motorboard was 3/4" short.

The plans call for 10 3/4" high. Which may be wrong. just double check it before you cutout the holes for the mid and tweeter. And make sure you get the mid horn up at the right height. It may look centered properly if you plan out the hole cut on the outside of the board....but remember what goes on inside the hf bin. that mid driver has to clear the top of the hf bin top board.

I know it's a pain, but before cutting, I always make a set of full-size drawings.

That has saved much time at the saw. But you tend to spend it "up front" in the planning stage of the project instead of in the ACTUAL project.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir again...

DM2.gif