Budget Power Filter Recommendation

Audio Flynn

As An ADDITION to what you buy, you can have an Electrician use double gang boxes with individually flip switched on / off outlets below the on/off switches. This can help as it will kill power to/from units.

You plug the double ganged box into whatever you choose for protection. It also works well as the on off for each Component.

dodger

• 1 month later...

I never kind of added the correct detail. My situation is:

1. Home is 1954 vintage wiring by the origanl owner. It is about 65+ % rebuilt electrical with 200 amp service in the past 6 months. Better but not perfect without ripping out drywall and starting over.

2. Huge number of other electical sources with 4 kids bedroom electronics, multiple freezers and refridgerators, clocks, HT and 2 channel.

The Belkin model refenced is no longer availible.

There is a new model that lists out at $ 109.00; it is called Isolator in the name as well.

Not sure how how it compares to the past model. I have not found a detailed spec sheet on the web yet.

----------------

On 3/18/2005 1:04:20 PM leok wrote:

Surge protection isn't the primary objective in my case, and I think Ricks. I'm more interested in the Belkin's RF filtering, which is pretty good for the price.

Leo
----------------

Leo,

gk2004top.jpg

Another affordable option, http://welbornelabs.com/ac.htm

Welborne currently has a 10% off sale. Of course, its a kit.

Klipsch out.

jazman,

The Gatekeeper does look good. I had noticed it after I discovered how effective rf filters can be. It is probably an improvement over the Belkin for audio applications. I figured if I need another I will give it a try. The price is good too.

Leo

----------------

On 3/18/2005 4:00:35 PM leok wrote:

jazman,

The Gatekeeper does look good. I had noticed it after I discovered how effective rf filters can be. It is probably an improvement over the Belkin for audio applications. I figured if I need another I will give it a try. The price is good too.

Leo
----------------

Leo,

I know someone who uses the original Gatekeeper, purchased when they were twice as much, and said it was worth every penny. I coud not pass on the price even with the new soft start models coming soon.

Klipsch out.