SS amps, No Good Here?

rockbobmel

I am running 8wpc SET but I am negotiating for a NAD 2200 amp for my subwoofer. If I get it I want to try it an me Belles for a while as well. I can't wait to hear it. Alot I believe depends on how loud you listen and what type of sound you are accustomed to listening to but just speculation on my part. A friend who has all solid state gear really didn't know what to think of SET after the first listening session but after a while he got to where he really likes it now he wants some cornwalls and tube amps in addition to his solid state gear.

Nothing wrong with glass doorknobs or tracklighting and Dorothy is dead sexy.

Just won an ebay auction for that NAD 2200 I guess next week I can try some solid state as well as tubes on my Belles for the first time in a year and a half.

I'm currently running Outlaw Audio SS gear. Sounds great with Belle, LaScala, Forte, and Cornwall. The Cornwalls are actually a mixed SS system driven by Outlaw Audio monoblocks (200W @8 ohms), a crown psl-2 pre-amp and a much needed graphic eq. I'm not sure why this system needs the graphic eq, it may be the cornwall personality. I can turn the eq off with any of the other speakers listed and enjoy them just fine. The cornwalls need boost on the high frequency. Any one else notice this about cornwalls?