Sad night in Pittsburgh

Dylanl

Well if you watched you know what I am talking about. Big Ben came out and looked just like last week against the JETS. On a positive note a great unexpected season and next year Ben will be a veteran with much of the same team returning.

Note: Plexaco Burass - just announced to the media that he is leaving the team

A cold night in Pittsburgh. Brrr!

The Steelers had a great year and the young QB has a great future but I think the two best teams won. It should be a great Super Bowl for a change and although I'm an old Philly guy, I like the Patriots in a close one. Once again, I give the edge to the Pats because of coaching. I like Belicheck.

Answer this: Here is a quarterback that has thrown very few interceptions if any in the 14 wins he has had. 1st series of the AFC championship 1st pass an INT. Bettis usually fumble free fumbles in two playoff games consecutively. Ben completes the package with 2 more of his own turnovers. I know the Steelers were underdogs by many but I watched every game this year and the last 5. This just was not the same team. I do not know who showed up. I think it was the Cardinals. Maybe you have to look at Cower 1 - 4 in AFC Championship games I do not know. I am not looking for blame but I am starting to understand how Buffalo & the Eagles feel.

----------------

On 1/24/2005 12:03:35 AM boomac wrote:

The Steelers had a great year and the young QB has a great future but I think the two best teams won. It should be a great Super Bowl for a change and although I'm an old Philly guy, I like the Patriots in a close one. Once again, I give the edge to the Pats because of coaching. I like Belicheck.

----------------

Two of the last 3 Stupor Bowls were won on last second field goals by Vinatieri. I'd call each of those Super bowls.

I agree about Belichick. The man is a genius.

The Pats did what it took, and capitalized on all their opportunities. I'm a life long Steeler fan, but when you're flat out whupped, you got to take it like a man. They stuffed the run until it was too late, and made some amazing plays. Steelers made a lot of dumb mistakes, especially the holding call on the defensive lineman on 3 and long. That hurt. Big Ben had his chances, and made some, and blew some. Steelers secondary just got scorched.

It's Brady's world, we just live in it.

But, this year was gravy for Steelers fans, we were just hoping for a wild card bid. What we got was the most memorable seasons\ this team has had since the glory days of Bradshaw and Franco. More importantly, Big Ben should give us lots to cheer for in the future.

I predict a double digit Pats win in the SB.

You have got to hear local talk radio. Many of the fans want blood. I can't understand it. Regardless of outcome the season was a great ride. I can not stand fans in this town. One for the thumb get out of the 70's Pittsburgh and appreciate what you have. Just my 2 cents. 15 - 1 in the AFC a ( NEW RECORD )