Negotiation at Authorized Dealers........

streyle

So I'm wondering what the standard discount is tat can be negotiated at most dealers? I'm looking at getting a pair of RS-35s and either an RW-10 or RW-12.

What would be a fair price for these packages? $875 for the RW-10 package and $1000 for the RW-12?

Also, I bought RF-35s and an RC-35 from the same dealer (if I should try for more of a discount)......

There really is no percentage. Some will, some will not apply any discout.

However, if one can be, anything more than 10 % is gravy.

There is always a plus to buying a number together. The dealer can feel confident in you and you can feel a little more confident in them.

Check any dealers witin 50 miles of your home. If the one that is not closest to you will give you a better deal, you have 2 options:

1. Go there

or

2. go to the closest, note the price that you can get it for, but state that you would rather do business in your own area and see if they will come close (remember time and travel are money) and buy there.

dodger

----------------

On 1/25/2005 3:26:07 PM streyle wrote:

Is there a way for me to figure out the actual MSRP for the subs?

----------------

Yes...it's there asking price 9.gif I would typically look at

20% discount. Yes the more you buy the easier it is to get the discount.

Stick to your guns and let them know that's what you will pay right now.

If not tell them who else you will be dealing with. Alot also depends

on the salesmen. A young newbie may not have the string yet to deal.

Look for a old timer or manager to deal with. If you bounght other speaker

form a salemen still there remined him.

I recently purchased one pair of RF 7's, an RC 7 and a RW 12 from my local dealer. Working from the MSRP I received a 20 percent discount for volume which I believe to be a good deal. Obviously we all have the opportunity to purchase our Klipsch products from many different outlets such as Ebay and other online dealers. I have weighed the pros and cons of each and I decided to go with an authorized dealer for the support and full warranty status. In my situation I merely pointed this out to the dealer and stated what price I was willing to pay to take it out the door TODAY. Without being unreasonable, I was able to achieve the discount and the warranty I required. Good luck with your purchase.

Exactly the method I have employed in the past...and it nearly ALWAYS works...in my case, I wanted Heresys (I just didn't know it yet...2.gif ) and no dealers around me had any in stock...all I could audition were Reference and of course at BB, the Synergy Series...

Bill