Anyone like to barter speakers?

ladyklipschfan

Hi,

I would like to barter my maple RF-7s with maple or cherry RB-75s with stand. I moved to a new house and have no place for the rear-ported floorstanders. I have an RSW-15 and RSW-12 as well, and would like to have 1 good inwall subwoofer instead. All of these equipments are not being used right now. For the time being I am using a Bose 3-2-1 GS, given as a gift during our house-warming.

I gotta tell you, the prospect of getting an inwall sub in exchange for those two is slim. The cheapest inwall subs on the market are in the neighborhood of $1400 new, and it's unlikely that someone with an existing inwall sub will wish to rip it out of the wall and trade it to you...

My condolences on the 3-2-1 system. It'll fetch a nice price on E-bay, hopefully enough to defray the cost of an inwall sub, if you sell your two subs as well. 2.gif

Brea, CA., about 35 miles east of Los Angeles

--------------------------------------------------

Unfortunatley, thats further than I'd be able to go. Be something of a drive from Chicago.

Out of curiosity, what type of speakers are you replacing the RF-7s & RB-75s with?

Hi, if you or someone you know is of the DIY type, you might consider installing an Infinate Baffle sub driver on your own. While I'm not a big fan of in-wall stuff(I'm running some cheaper rear surrounds, and soon to be replaced), the cost is excedingly high compared to comparable stand alone box offerings. Rattles from wall vibrations can drive ya nuts, not un-like locating a 2nd story water leak. Additionally the optimal placement of any sub, is a trial & error experiment.

The procedes from the sale of *one* of yer Klipsch subs, would probably fund the parts cost. You can use a plate amp, of various wattages, which is what comes with the standard box subs, also from PE. 16.gif

Anyways here's link to an IB sub driver;

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=295-455

"Out of curiosity, what type of speakers are you replacing the RF-7s & RB-75s with?"

I plan to replace my RF-7s with RB-75s. My main problem is actually the front speakers. My surrounds will be in-ceiling so my RS-7s will not used anymore. I used my system for music 90% of the time. I don't like the sound of in-wall for main speakers, however there's just not enough space for the rear-ported RF-7s (I tried it, and don't like it). I also have two KSW-12 in my garage, I think (I can't remember where I put it, should be one of those big boxes), not used since 1999.