Corner-Horn Project

bluesboy

I've decided that instead of modifying my corner horns, I'll sell them to a friend of mine and build some new ones. The idea is to upgrade the existing Klipchorn cabinet design to something more exotic. As far as components our concerned, I'll be using K-33 woofers, Altec 511B horns with 902 drivers, Beyma Cp-25 tweeters and ALK design crossover networks. I am going to try to post pictures of the project in progress.

Bluesboy,

This sounds like a great project. I'd sure like to see some pics and some posting on your take on the sound. Looking forward to that. Have you looked at Al Klappenbergers system section on his website. He did some Belle Klipsch mods using that horn and Beyma tweeter. They make a fine combination.

The crossover itself has nothing to do with the power involved, it is frequency sensitive dividing circuit, that's all.

And it WILL pass the frequency to the driver as it is configured to do, and if the current exceeds the voice coils ability to suck it up, it will fry it.

DM2.gif

I suppose that you could certainly use the 902 as long as you don't turn it up too loud. Exactly where that point is, I don't have a clue. Al K. or djk might know.

It doesn't necessarily mean that at 30 watts, you are going to fry the thing, but at 90+ watts, who knows?

DM2.gif

----------------

On 1/29/2005 7:34:41 PM bluesboy wrote:

I've decided that instead of modifying my corner horns, I'll sell them to a friend of mine and build some new ones.

----------------

What are the dimensions of the top of the tweeter and mid section?

How wide is the front?

How deep is the short section of the side?

How long is the angled portion?

Thanks,

Chris

D-Man

I bought the plans on E-Bay two years ago. I suspect that they may have originated from Speaker Lab. But I'll tell you what, the plans are excellent as far as the dimensions are concerned. I know this for a fact because I already built one set and they worked out great.