RF-7 replacements?

Tegid

Has there been any discussion on when the RF-7's will be replaced or is Klipsch going to have a direct replacement for these? I love my RF-35's for now but hope to be moving into a bigger place in a year or 2 and would like to know if/when the 7's will be replaced.

They will not be replaced, but will be "updated". Some of the performance parmeters will change, as well as cosmetics. Hopefully they can do it without increasing the price. As for me, I'll take them just as they are, and I'm actually hoping I can get another pair before they make the change.

----------------

On 2/4/2005 6:36:55 AM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

What was seen at CES was probably not an upgraded RF7 but the soon to be introduced Reference Primere line. This is an entire new "line" of speakers and are based on a 3 way design, ellipseoid cabinets in exotic wood finishes. Pricing will be considerably above the 7 series references AND the THXs.

JR

----------------

personally.... i am glad that klipsch is going back to the three way design.... i prefer the sound of my KLF-30's (3 way design) compared to the RF-7's....

the RF-7's are great.... but i feel i get a better midrange with my KLF-30's

now if they would only offer this in lower priced units....

1.gif

I'm with you Minn male. 3 way makes sense to me. After all aren't most of the heritage models 3 way. I'd upgrade to RF 7 priced 3-ways in a minute, even boot an extra grand. Not 6k for the premiere. Maybe $3500.

I'd even go for a redesigned Heresey. But what do I know, maybe sonically it is already perfect.