equalizer connection???????

joessportster

i have a pair of phase linear 400 amps hooked up to my vtp 101i tube pre-amp and would like to hook up an equalizer, according to my phase linear history with there pre amps the said DO NOT hook up an equalizer in a tape loop configuration, and that any sound enhancers should be hooked between the amp and pre amp, anyone here know how this could be done or if it is even possiable, i would like to have this connected in a way that i could affect the sound on all 4 speakers thru both amps, MAKE SENSE? thanks Joe

not sure if you got it yet....

think of it this way:

source ======== preamp ====== equalizer ====== amplifier --------- speaker

--------- speaker

the "equal" sign above is your pair of RCA cables between the components...... not a "tape loop" situation... more of a "signal chain" in a direct line than a loop....

1.gif

ok i appreciate the responses and i get what you are saying i just hooked the amp up as stated and it works with 1 amp but i run 2 amps, how would i hook the 2nd amp up to a single eq, i used the amp connections on the rear of the eq and have a set of tape rca's open could a 2'nd amp be run thru the tape rca's on the rear of the eq thanks Joe

----------------

On 2/7/2005 8:45:51 AM JJKIZAK wrote:

Those mechanical splitters will double terminate the pre-amp outputs cutting the volume down considerable. I would do it electronically.

JJK

----------------

with the levels that most consumer preamps put out, you should have no problem using the y-cords suggested above....

i have done it many times and the volume drop is barely noticable

1.gif