HEAT

ygmn

Well after watching collateral...I wanted to see Michael Man's other movie set in LA...

Heat is a great movie...I have ad the DVD for a long time....but it is still great to watch....the action, music, characters...

the scene with DeNiro and Pacino ...is incredible you can see these two trying to (if possible) Out act each other....

If you liked Collateral...go buy heat..and watch....you can find it cheap at Wally worls...probably under $10 which is a steal...

Heat is absolutely one of the finest films around, and undoubtedly Mann's best work to date. His gritty, fearless, and utterly raw portrayals of characters, gun battles, and the smell of the streets is unrivalled.

It's also cool because the street that the famous scene takes place on is Figueroa, and you can see my apartment building I live in during that scene.

Hint: it's the same apartment Edward Norton lived in, in Fight Club.

----------------

On 2/8/2005 5:49:31 PM nicholtl wrote:

It's also cool because the street that the famous scene takes place on is Figueroa, and you can see my apartment building I live in during that scene.

Hint: it's the same apartment Edward Norton lived in, in Fight Club.----------------

Your apartment is the same as the one Edward Norton lived in, in Fight Club? If that's what you mean that's awesome. Even if not, it's cool that your building is in "Heat."

I was thrilled just to see a familiar stretch of Freeway in the movie, Fargo. 9.gif

I love this movie. I have it on VHS, but need to get the DVD. Every time I watch the real-life LA bank robbery (on COPS or something of the sort) I think of this movie-the similarities are just incredible. In fact, I often wonder if they were inspired by this movie to do the robbery?

Nicholt-that's cool about your apartment.

Amy Brennaman(sp?) was stunning in this picture.