how do I connect a subwoofer to a 2-channel receiver?

kortum

I have a set of KG1.5's that I have connected to an older yamaha rx-496 2-channel stereo receiver. I have a powered KSW10 that I'd like to connect to this to get better bass response and I'm embarassed to say I don't know how to do this. My receiver doesnt have an LFO output, but it does have 2 sets of L/R speaker terminals (A/B) that can be working at the same time.

Can anyone tell me if and how I can connect a subwoofer to a 2-cahnnel receiver?

Thanks in advance for the help

If the subwoofer will accept speaker wire inputs than that would probably be the route to go. If not run a set of RCA jacks from the tape monitor output to it, you will have to control the volume from the subwoofer in this configuration though since the output will be 100% from the "tape out" jacks.

----------------

On 2/7/2005 12:20:23 PM Frzninvt wrote:

If the subwoofer will accept speaker wire inputs than that would probably be the route to go. If not run a set of RCA jacks from the tape monitor output to it, you will have to control the volume from the subwoofer in this configuration though since the output will be 100% from the "tape out" jacks.

----------------

I found that using high-level inputs takes away from the sound. A good option would be to purchase an Outlaw Audio ICBM-1 ($200 B-stock, $250 new).