Are the Klipsch Quartets worthy of collecting?

Ki Choi

They would be a good purchase, although I would take either of it's larger brothers over it. The Forte with a larger woofer, is a great rock and roll speaker. The Chorus doesn't go as low, but is also a very good choice. The Quartet may not give you enough punch, depending on your musical tastes. The difference in price between the choices is quite small, so keep your eyes open for either of it's two larger sibblings.

For $350 I'd snap them up. Heresys with bass is what Quartets are. I own both and yes, there is some difference. I prefer the Forte IIs but Quartets in that condition are worth every penny of the askin' price. With no shipping to worry about I'd say "you ain't bought them yet?

I'd agree with Boomac. I paid $400 for mint condiition Quartets in walnut. They were five blocks away from the apartment. No shipping, no question of damage, no possible swindle. Those factors count for a lot of money and worry. In comparison E-bay will make your blood curdle.

The Quartets are the smallest of the family which includes the Forte II and Chorus II. There was no Quartet I. These have, generally the same same passive radiator design (scaled down per size) the same very, very good "Tratrix" midrange, and similar tweeters (magnet size may be different to match level). I'd say the guy working on the tweeter gets some kudos too.

I have the Forte II at the office and Quartets at home. The FII at the office in corners in a small room have wonderful bass. The Quartets at home are in a big room and not near a corner. Bass is not as impressive. But please note the different conditions. In corners of a medium size living room, they'd be good.

In my view, the Quartets are very good performers given their size. For the price, you can't go wrong.

I can't say enough good things about the midrange of this design. Really good. There was an article by the folks at Klipsch how they designed it and some results. Evidently they were so impressed with the results that the very well respected Forte I (exponential horn mid) got re-designed to use the new "Tractrix" midrange.

The Q, FII, CII, family are in a special nitch. They are not the old Heritage, and they're not the newer Klipsch Inc. products either.

The Quartets are the "baby bear" of very good design.

Gil