Crown and Cornwall

arfandbark

ohhh, that gives me an idea, I've got a crown 1200 and a few smaller pa amps. Does the fan noise bother you? What xover are you using, points and slopes if you have them. I've got a couple of active xovers from my pa days, think they'd be clean enought to do this. Did you put a new jack panel on back to split the inputs or just wire it in temporarily to see what it would sound like?

Michael- now with 4, soon to be 5 of the Mighty Cornwalls

Hey there Arfandbark - (got to be careful how I spell that) - yeah, Crowns and Cornwalls are a great combo. Your borrowed IC150 Crown preamp or integrated console is one of the first pre-amps to use integrated circuitry (chips) hence the IC designation. If you can find or buy one of your own, it's a great match. Crown from that vintage was famous for their build and quality, so that's why there's so many still around. I've got a fair collection of Crown equipment and am still continuously using one DC300A that I got in 1975. Anyway, good for you and I'm glad to hear you enjoy your Crowns and Cornwalls. There's a couple of us hanging around the board. (btw- I've got a HK twin powered Citation 12 amp as well - I like the Crowns way better) Take care. Slainte. Hamish