Plastic feet on "Reference Line"

Mike S

I have put together a HT system comprised of the Ref.35's across the front with the RF15's in the back (5.1 setup). I am wondering if Klipsch is ever going to offer a mod. or upgrade to the "plastic" feet for these speakers? The problem with the design is that they only attach with a single screw....allowing the feet to pivot (slightly) from side to side when speaker is moved. This damages/scratches the speaker at the edges of the feet and the cabinet. Klipsch should modify this foot so as to have a single piece that spans the two bolt holes for the front and back. The two bolt holes would stop the "pivoting" and subsequent cabinet damage. On most "professional" reviews...this is seen as an area needing improvement. Any ideas?

Mike Sloan

Happy Klipsch owner 3.gif

Hey Mike, I think that's excellent constructive criticism. I hope some of the Klipsch folks see your post and pass it on to those who need to know. I don't really object to them being plastic (they look ok from my couch, and if I'm looking at the feet, something is wrong with my music...), but you are right about the potential for damage to the cabinet. Let's hope Klipsch is listening!

Scott

Since you bring up the feet - I have a question. I have my RF-7's sitting on a tiled section of our HT room. They are large ceramic tiles just in the area of the TV, mains and sub. Should I have my RF-7's sitting on those spikes it came with, or should I just have them on the plastic feet. I think the manual referred to them as carpet spikes, but I also seem to recall saying about putting a penny underneath them if it is a hard surface.

They sound fine to me, but I was just wondering whether anyone had any experience with the spikes. Thanks. 9.gif