Khorn wall length

76scalas

----------------

On 2/14/2005 9:15:28 PM 76scalas wrote:

Going to look at/buy some Khorns. My room has one corner with only 33" from the room corner to a door opening. Is this enough?

----------------

Just enough. I cheat with one of my corners which about 30inches from the wall, it opens into a doorway, But, the doorway has a sliding glass door. When I do serious listening I slide the glass door shut. Presto! Instant corner! This is very room dependant of course. You may, or may not get away with this arrangement.

Hey there,

If the door opens in the opposite direction, I think you have yourself a corner! Good luck getting the speakers.

One question. Someone in this thread mentioned that they use a sliding glass door as a corner. My question is that don't you need a solid (concrete, wood, or particle board) wall as your corner. I understand that the speaker uses the corner as a bass extension. I would imagine if that were true, then glass would not do too good a job for that purpose.

Also, doesn't it rattle something wicked?

-F

Another example of K-horns in a door area is shown in the attached photo. I have relocated these speakers 6 times since they were purchased used in 1980. There was never a problem with any room or corners.

I was worried that the door shown in the present setting would present a problem but it does not. No rattles and no difference in low frequencies compared to the left K-horn.

As you can see from the picture, I keep the video/audio system separate from the 2 channel system. For serious listening, a light blanket covers the face of the big TV and it contributes to a deeper soundstage.

>>>Dan

post-14940-13819261817524_thumb.jpg