Touch up finish on Academy (Joesportster??)

Coytee

Here is an upclose pic of the "bad" area.

(I posted another thread, so as to not hijack the other)

Anyways, I will probably sell these and am torn from

A. Refinish & try to make look as good as possible

B. Leave as is so buyer can see all "damage" (and that's all) so they don't think there is something else hidden (which there isn't)

I bought a paint pen and it just doesn't strike me as the right paint for the job.

I don't REALLY want to get into a resand/refinish... but I spose that's not out of the question.

Any thoughts on how to make these as pretty as possible?

the spot on THIS one, seems to be the worst of the 3. The other two are in "less scuffed" condition.

The SOUND on them is 100% killer though 11.gif

post-15072-13819261918352_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/19/2005 10:44:29 AM Coytee wrote:

Here is an upclose pic of the "bad" area.

(I posted another thread, so as to not hijack the other)

Anyways, I will probably sell these and am torn from

A. Refinish & try to make look as good as possible

B. Leave as is so buyer can see all "damage" (and that's all) so they don't think there is something else hidden (which there isn't)

I bought a paint pen and it just doesn't strike me as the right paint for the job.

I don't REALLY want to get into a resand/refinish... but I spose that's not out of the question.

Any thoughts on how to make these as pretty as possible?

the spot on THIS one, seems to be the worst of the 3. The other two are in "less scuffed" condition.

The SOUND on them is 100% killer though
11.gif

----------------

looks like you would have to sand and repaint to fix this, and some of those scratches look pretty deep, i would say if you are not sure about sanding IE.. not sure about going thru the veneer, or dont want to remove a large portion of the wood grain, leave it to the new buyer, but of coarse that will greatly affect the value for alot of buyers, you might do a light sanding oof the whole top panel mask the rest of the speaker and shoot the whole top i think that would be your best looking repair and help to keep the value of the speaker up, the paint pen wont hepl you with this type damage repair that is more for smll scratches and dings hope this helps Joe

10.gif